These cupcakes would make a great low stress Valentine dessert or a nice treat to give to friends or maybe even put in the car of your sweetie with a nice note so that he/she finds it in the morning on the way to work. 🙂
My daughter, Annabelle made these cupcakes for me yesterday– she decided to add Walnuts on top of some of the cupcakes just because she knows I like walnuts. Sometimes with baking you just know someone loves you.
After when I was looking at the recipe I realized it is a convenient and easy recipe – only one bowl and you don’t need eggs, milk or butter! This also means they are vegan- who knew vegan could taste sooo good!
Reserve your overnight getaway to relax and reconnect and feast on delicious home baked goods and hot gourmet breakfast. Choose your room here.
One Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes
So chocolatey and good. A good recipe when you don’t have any milk, eggs or butter!
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cup vegetable or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white or cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a big bowl- Sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa.
- Mix in water, oil, vinegar and vanilla to your dry ingredients in the big bowl until smooth.
- Pour batter into muffin tins with paper cupcake liners and bake for 25 minutes.
Chocolate Lovers: Option to add a half cup of chocolate chips into the batter… so good when they come out of the oven and chocolate is melty and delicious.
Nuts– We also add walnuts on half the cupcakes. We place slightly chopped walnuts right on top of the cupcake after pouring into the pan.
From: Cook, Deanna. Baking Class, Massachusettes, Storey Publishing, 2017, page 132.