Do you want to own your own bed & breakfast?
Have you ever dreamed of owning your own B&B?
Hi! My name is Lisa Menz, innkeeper and owner of The Fox and Hound for the past 10 years. I love sharing with others what it’s really like to run a B&B, helping them explore whether this is the right career path and lifestyle for them, and showing them how to get started!
Our B&B Ownership Seminar will immerse you in the world of innkeeping, giving you practical information, a behind the scenes look at B&B ownership, tools to evaluate whether the innkeeping lifestyle is right for you, and a roadmap forward.
Seminars run from Friday night to Sunday afternoon and include:
- 16 hours of instruction
- A two-night stay at The Fox and Hound B&B
- A one-hour 1:1 coaching call with me
- Bonus: A one-hour online open meeting to discuss your progress and next steps towards accomplishing your dream and goals
· March 2-4, 2018
This seminar is for you if…
- You have dreamed of opening a B&B but aren’t really sure of what’s involved or whether it’s right for you.
- You want to open a B&B but don’t know how to get started.
- You have an idea for a B&B and want to know the next step to take to turn your idea into a reality.
- You want to leave the fast-paced corporate world and be your own boss.
- Does this sound like you? Call us at 215-862-5082 to learn more or to reserve your spot!
At the end of this seminar, you will leave with:
- A better understanding of how your specific idea and business would work.
- Answers to your questions about B&B ownership and the buying process.
- A working knowledge of trends in the hospitality industry.
- The concrete steps you need to take to open your B&B.
- A roadmap for turning your dream of successfully running a B&B into a reality.
- A strategy for effectively marketing your B&B.
Why this seminar?
One of the things that sets our seminar apart is that it’s not taught by someone who used to own a B&B. My husband Michael and I are current B&B owners running a successful business—one we balance with raising a family with young children. We have a grasp of current trends in the lodging industry because we are actively working in it, and we understand how to use the internet and technology to reach and serve our guests.
My background in teaching also helps me effectively share knowledge with and draw insight from seminar participants. My 10+ years of teaching experience includes several community colleges, the University of Pennsylvania, and corporate education in Germany. Plus, our small class size ensures you’ll get individualized attention.
Our seminar also has a huge emphasis on practicality. One of the biggest misconceptions people have about owning a B&B is that it’s easy to run or that it’s like being on vacation. I’ve designed this seminar to help participants bridge the gap between having a dream of a B&B and having an attainable goal by helping them develop a realistic investment plan and better understanding of typical operations and responsibilities.
What will the seminar be like?
- The seminar will walk you through a number of practical and relevant topics, including:
- Industry Overview
- What does your dream B&B look like?
- Running your B&B
- Licensing and Zoning
- Buyer’s Checklist
- Mortgage & Financing
- Exit Plan
Our time together also includes a tour of local B&Bs!
Q: What kind of experience is needed to take this workshop?
A: No experience is necessary—just curiosity and the desire to learn!
Q: Do I need to do anything beforehand to prepare for it?
A: No—just come prepared to learn and enjoy yourself.
Q: What kind of follow up/support is there after the workshop?
A: There is a 30-minute coaching call during the month after the seminar. There is also a 30-minute open meeting group call.
Q: Will we have free time during the workshop?
A: Yes! There will be dinner, and a short amount of time to explore the area on your own. Participants are also welcome to extend their stay to explore area before or after the seminar.
Q: What is the typical class size?
A: Class size varies, but is generally kept under 12 to ensure individualized attention for each participant.
Q: How much instructional time is there during the seminar?
A: The seminar includes approximately 16 hours of instruction and informal consulting with Lisa and Michael.
Are you ready to turn your dream of owning your own bed & breakfast into a reality? Call us at 215-862-5082 for more information or to reserve your place in an upcoming seminar!
About Lisa Menz
A decade as a university adjunct faculty member and training in the corporate world, coupled with a decade of innkeeping and entrepreneurship, has enabled me to create and deliver seminars that are user friendly yet comprehensive of the knowledge you will need to pursue your dream of owning and running your own bed & breakfast.
One of the many things I love about being an innkeeper is getting to meet folks from all over the Pennsylvania area, the USA, and the world! Born and raised in New Jersey, I have also worked as an English and French teacher in Germany, France, and England, and I and speak French, German and Spanish.
If you are interested in insights, knowledge, and steps for becoming your own boss, call 215-862-5082 or email innkeeper@FoxHoundInn.com.
*Seminars and individual coaching sessions for current bed & breakfast owners who want to increase revenue in their existing B&B business are also available.