www.foxhoundinn.com for your romantic getaway
There is no doubt New Hope & Lambertville are charming and exciting resort towns. There are 2 paths you can take when you vacation here. You can keep busy with the hundreds of local activities and shows or you can delve into the more relaxed vacation vibe while taking in the ambience of the historic and quaint river villages.
One recent chilly late Spring Thursday evening, Michael took me out to dinner at a ‘new’ restaurant called “Brian’s”. After a sumptuous dining experience, we went for a walk around Lambertville doing window shopping at Art Galleries and antique stores. At some point while strolling past historic buildings, impressive churches and grounds, I got the sense of Lambertville as a remarkable quaint village.
Then, we got to the notoriously romantic bridge connecting to New Hope. A little chilly -yes- but always a soul feeding experience strolling over that scenic bridge. That night, there were a few couples walking, holding hands, and enjoying the view. In the amber glow of the setting sun, a fun group was laughing and taking pictures of themselves with the smokey blue river, tree covered hills and New Hope skyline in the background.
Of course, while holding hands, looking at the amazing view, and walking across the bridge back to your cozy room at the Fox and Hound Inn, it is always a good idea to give your sweetie a little smooch. What a lovely evening we had. So happy to live in this romantic, picturesque resort area.
In the morning, breakfast is hot gourmet and served at individual café tables for you both.
Special Romance Package
My Sweetie & Me Package- Start your night to remember with aphrodisiacs like Champagne on ice and chocolate covered strawberries. Dinner reservations for two at an award winning off-site restaurant, and choice of elegant overnight room. $50 plus overnight room. May 1-June 19 Use code “Strawberries” when booking online or call. Give 48 hours notice. Check available rooms here.
What is there to do in New Hope? May-June 2014
- New Hope Celebrates Gay Pride Week & Parade- May 11-18
- New Hope Beer Fest- June 14 1-5pm
- New Hope Liberty canal Festival – June 20-22
- Lambertville Nite Faire- June 12
- Steve Forbert -May 10
- Howie Day “Collide” -May 16
- David Uosikkinen, In the Pocket -May 17
- Tusk: Fleetwood Mac tribute Band -June 7
- Pablo Cruise -June 8
- Duncan Sheik -June 14
- The Cream’s Ginger Baker, Jazz Confusion -June 28
- Happy Birthday America! Riverside Symphonia “Under the Stars” July 5
- Bob Egan, Fridays
- Comedian Vickie Shaw -May 16
- Joy Behar, Me, My Mouth and I -May 9-11
- Lie, Cheat & Genuflect -May 9-24, $15
- Chapter Two, dir. Marsha Mason -May 22-June 15
- Deathtrap June 19- July 13
- The Music Man -July 18-Aug 2
- Beauty and the Beast, Jr. -July 28-August 9